From ancient times, people from all over the world have understood and used the indisputable power of touch. Touch has a significant influence on our physical and mental well-being, from a mother's reassuring touch to a masseuse's strong kneading to work out the knots in a client's muscles.
Therapeutic massage is one of the most widely used touch treatment techniques. By applying pressure and moving the body's soft tissues, this kind of massage aims to promote healing and relaxation. Here, we'll examine the various benefits of therapeutic massage and the restorative power of touch.
A kind of massage treatment known as therapeutic massage is intended to assist people on both a physical and emotional level. This massage targets certain areas which are going through any kind of pain, injury, or muscular imbalance. This massage solely deals with the well-being of a person, unlike the regular massage that targets the relaxation and soothing of a person.
Deep tissue massage, Swedish massage, sports massage, and trigger point massage are just a few of the numerous therapeutic massage treatments available. To accomplish certain objectives, each form of massage employs a distinct technique to manipulate the body's soft tissues.
The value of touch in healing
Our bodies are made to react favorably to touch. Scientific studies have proven that whenever we are being touched with care, our brain is induced to release specific hormones in our body that make us feel calm and composed. Oxytocin, Serotonin, and dopamine are the hormones that are associated with happy feelings, so their release in the body upon getting a therapeutic massage will help us feel rejuvenated, content, and happy.
Touch has been found to offer physical advantages in addition to encouraging emotional well-being. According to research, therapeutic massage can assist to increase the range of motion, improve circulation, lessen discomfort, and hasten the healing of soft tissue injuries.
Therapeutic massage advantages
Therapeutic massage Vienna offers a variety of psychological and physical benefits. Some of these benefits are;
- Reduce stress and anxiety: As we discussed earlier, therapeutic massage signals the brain to release hormones such as endorphins, serotonin, and dopamine which decrease the production of stress hormones. Thus, this massage plays a key role in reducing anxiety and stress.
- Enhances sleep: Frequent massage has been demonstrated to raise people's sleep standards. This is probably because tension and worry, which can prevent sound sleep, have decreased.
- Enhances range of motion: Massage therapy can aid in enhancing the range of motion in joints and muscles. Those who have illnesses like arthritis or other diseases that limit movement may find this to be of particular use.
- Ease pain: Endorphins released in the body while getting the massage help in treating chronic pains. These are the body’s natural painkillers so you can expect improvement in case you are suffering from any kind of chronic pain. Various studies show that they are also helpful in various kinds of headaches such as migraines etc.
- Immunity booster: Studies have revealed that massage increases the body's natural killer cells, which in turn strengthens the immune system. This may aid in the battle against sickness and illness.
- Improves healing: therapeutic massage helps with the healing of soft tissue injuries as well. This massage can work wonders for injuries like sprains and strains and speed up the healing procedure. This is brought on by the tissues' improved oxygenation and circulation.
- Lowers blood pressure: According to research, frequent massage therapy can assist hypertensive people to decrease their blood pressure. This is most likely because of the relaxing reaction that a massage induces.
- Improves mood: As this massage particularly induces the release of happy hormones such as dopamine and serotonin in the blood, you can expect why it helps in lifting your mood. Moreover, soothing massage helps the body relax which also reduces stress and anxiety level.
One should never undervalue the therapeutic effects of touch. Therapeutic massage is a natural way of getting some relief for your body and soul. The expert touch of a masseuse will help you get comfortable in your skin and help you get relief from the edge. With a variety of benefits therapeutic massage is the perfect massage to enjoy various physical and health benefits.
Various spas are offering this massage but Moon Lake Spa stands out among them as it offers its services by professional and qualified massage therapists. So, book your appointment today with them and get to enjoy all the benefits of therapeutic massage in real time.